The Armed Forces community face unique challenges in finding a home after Service.
The Royal British Legion have produced guides to provide advice on how to reduce those difficulties.
Although homelessness and rough sleeping is not as high among the veteran population as many might think, some members of the Armed Forces community still find it difficult to secure accommodation after leaving HM Armed Forces.
Housing Support Guides
Using examples of best practice alongside our experience and expertise, RBL have written support guides to help eliminate housing difficulties that the Armed Forces community may face.
This helpful guidance focuses on how local authorities and housing providers can improve their services to bring homelessness among the Armed Forces community down to zero.
As housing law is different across the nations, there are three guides:
These guides will:
- Highlight common problems faced by the Armed Forces community
- Outline the existing responsibilities of the Government and housing authorities
- Provide a toolkit of practical advice on how to improve services
- Show good practice from across the UK as a source of inspiration
- Act as a quick reference resource for frontline professionals providing housing and homelessness services.