Thank You competition terms and conditions
The Thank you competition (“the Competition”) terms and conditions
Rules and legal
- The Competition is run by two charities: The Royal British Legion and Never Such Innocence. The Royal British Legion organises the Competition and is supported by Never Such Innocence.
- The Competition is open to all children worldwide from Years 5 to 11 (children aged 9-16).
- Entries are divided into three age categories: Years 5-6 (age 9-11), Years 7-9 (age 11-14) and Years 10-11 (age 14-16).
- If an entrant has any special educational needs, this must be clearly stated on the entry form so that the judges can take this into consideration.
- The closing date of the Competition is midnight (UK time) on 11 September 2018.
- There is no entry fee to enter the Competition.
- By submitting an entry, you accept that your entry is specific to the Competition and as such you must not submit the same entry into any other competition, except partner competitions. Please contact us if you have any queries.
- There are three categories to the Competition: poetry, art and song. Only one entry per entrant per category will be accepted. However, entrants can submit an entry to more than one category.
- Entries may be on any subject relating to Thanking the First World War generation.
- Postal entries will only be accepted when accompanied by an entry form (which can be downloaded from the Never Such Innocence or The Royal British Legion website).
- Entries will not be returned, so please keep a copy.
- If you would like confirmation that your postal entry has been received, please include a stamped addressed envelope/postcard with your entry. Online entries made via the website will receive automatic confirmation at the time of submission.
- Telephone or email confirmation of receipt is not available (with the exception of automatic responses to online submissions detailed above). The Royal British Legion and Never Such Innocence staff are unable to confirm the content of documents submitted online, so please ensure you send the correct file.
- The judges’ decision is final and neither the judges, The Royal British Legion nor Never Such Innocence staff will enter into any correspondence on this matter.
- Winners will be notified on, or before, 25 October 2018.
- Any adult submitting a story on an entrant’s behalf will be required to approve the entry and agree to these Terms and Conditions (including both charities’ use of the entry submitted) on behalf of the entrant, by way of a check-box on the online form. The adult may be the child’s parent, guardian or teacher. The adult must provide their own contact and personal details (not the entrant’s). Teachers submitting stories on behalf of pupils must seek parental consent and, if requested by the Royal British Legion, provide evidence of consent in the event of an enquiry or complaint.
- The Royal British Legion and Never Such Innocence, its sub-contractors, subsidiaries, agencies and/or any other organisation associated with this Competition cannot accept any responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure or malfunction or any other problem with any server, Internet access, system or otherwise which may result in any entry being lost or not properly registered or recorded. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt.
- The copyright of each entry remains with the author. However, by entering the Competition, you hereby grant to The Royal British Legion and Never Such Innocence the right to use the entry at their sole discretion. This will include, but is not limited to, publishing and/or broadcasting the entry.
- All entries must be the original work of the entrant and must not infringe the rights of any other party. The Royal British Legion accepts no responsibility if entrants ignore these Terms and Conditions and entrants agree to indemnify the TRBL against any claim by any third party from any breach of these Terms and Conditions.
- Personal Data: The information you provide to The Royal British Legion group of charities (which includes the Poppy Lottery and the Poppy Shop) is safe with us and we do not sell your data to third parties. We will occasionally use your details for modelling and analysis purposes and we will provide your details to our charity partner Never Such Innocence only in relation to the Thank you Competition. Your details will not be used to contact you for any marketing purposes and the information you provide for this competition will be deleted at the end of the competition period. For details of our Data Protection, Privacy and Communications Policy, please go to: www.britishlegion.org.uk/dataprotection. To obtain a copy of the policy, update the way we contact you or stop hearing from The Royal British Legion, please either: Write to us at: Supporter Care, The Royal British Legion, 199 Borough High Street, London SE1 1AA, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, phone Supporter Care: 0345 845 1945.
- The Royal British Legion and Never Such Innocence reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions or cancel this Competition at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, or if circumstances arise outside of its control.
- All poems must have a title and must not exceed 40 lines in length.
- Poems must be the original work of the entrant.
- Poems should be typed on a single sheet of A4 in black ink at a minimum size of 12pt, submitted electronically in one of the following formats: .mov .avi .mpeg .mpg .mkv .jpg .jpeg .png .gif .psd .pdf .mp3 .wav OR by using copy and paste into the 'Poem' field on the online forms.
- Uploaded files must not exceed 1gb.
- Entries may be written in any language.
- All artwork must have a title and must be done on either A4 or A3.
- Artwork must be the original work of the entrant.
- Artwork can be made in any medium: water colours, pastels, charcoals, pencils, acrylic, crayons, paper cuttings, oil paints etc.
- We strongly encourage original work to be sent in, however, if you submit an entry electronically we may request to see the original works of art following the initial shortlisting.
- Artwork submitted electronically should be in one of the following formats: .mov .avi .mpeg .mpg .mkv .jpg .jpeg .png .gif .psd .pdf.
- Uploaded files must not exceed 1gb.
Music and songs
- All music/songs must have a title and be submitted in one of the following formats: .mov .avi .mpg .mkv .mp3 .wav.
- Music/songs must be the original work of the entrant.
- Entries may be in any language or musical genre.
- The music/song file must not exceed 1gb.