If you are no longer serving and suffered an injury or illness as a result of your service in the Armed Forces before 6 April 2005, you can make a claim under the War Pension Scheme.

Under the scheme you can make a claim for any injury or illness which was caused or made worse by your service. This can include minor injuries such as fractures or more serious conditions including amputations and mental health problems.

You do not need to have served in a conflict, and there is no time limit on making a claim, but you cannot make a claim until you have left the service. 

You may also be entitled to a War Disablement Pension if you were injured or disabled: 

  • While serving in the Merchant Navy, the Coastguard Service, the Nursing Service and the Home Guard
  • While serving in the Polish forces under British command during the Second World War
  • While serving as a civil defence volunteer
  • As a prisoner of war
  • As a result of enemy action in the Second World War (as a civilian)

How we can help

If you have suffered an injury or illness due to you service, we can help you claim under the War Pensions Scheme.

Our experts can provide advice and information and may be able to represent you at a tribunal for free, if you want to take further action. 

We can also give advice about supplementary allowances linked to War Disablement Pensions, such as Mobility Supplement and  Constant Attendance Allowance.

Our team of War Pension & Compensation Representatives will advise you over the phone and discuss your case, the decision made by Veterans UK and the need for further evidence if appropriate. They will also be able to explain how the Tribunal process works and what to expect at your hearing.

Find out more

For a claim form, help with an Appeals Tribunal or for general advice, freephone us on 0808 802 8080, or email [email protected].     

Please note that if your injury or illness happened on or after 6 April 2005 then your claim is assessed under the Armed Forces Compensation Scheme.

For Service Pension enquiries, please ring the SPVA (JPAC Enquiry Centre) on 0800 085 3600 or write to:
JPAC Enquiry Centre, Mila Point 465, Kentigern House, 65 Brown Street, Glasgow G2 8EX. 

The Veterans UK website explains what you need to know about War Pensions including how to appeal.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Search our Knowledge Base for more information.
Knowledge Base
Exception occured while executing the controller. Check error logs for details.

Contact our team

Call 0808 802 8080

8am to 8pm, 7 days a week

Live Chat
Online chat

8am to 8pm, 7 days a week

Map Marker
Get local help

Find your closest RBL location

Back to top