Household Equipment & Adaptation
The Legion can support you to get funding and grants to adapt your home and receive new equipment.
Sometimes it may be necessary to make changes so that you can manage safely and confidently and take some of the stress out of everyday tasks around the home.
If your illness or disability means you may need adaptations to help you live independently in your home, we can provide information and advice on how to receive support.
- Stair rails or a stair lift
- Ramps installed
- Doors widened or rehung
- Bathroom and kitchen adaptations.
Disabled Facilities Grant
Disabled Facilities Grants (DFGs) are also available to fund adaptations to a disabled person's home that enables them to live independently and comfortably.
This can include:
- Getting in and out of your home, including improved lighting
- Better access to the bedroom, living room, kitchen, toilet, washbasin and bath and/or shower
- Improved heating systems
- Adapting heating or lighting controls
- Improved access to and from the garden.