Halsey House is one of six Royal British Legion care homes providing expert care for the Armed Forces community and their families, including a specialist dementia wing and day care unit.
Situated within the stunning Norfolk coast, Halsey House is a beautiful home from home for residents and visitors. We’ve created a friendly and relaxed environment to enjoy with 87 spacious en-suite single rooms as well as comfortable lounge and dining areas.
Our dedicated team are passionate about delivering the best care and our residents are at the heart of everything we do.
Halsey House Key Summary
We've put together a key summary document of Halsey House to help you consider whether it's the right care home for you.
Residents form strong friendships, bonding over their shared experiences of the Armed Forces.
Day-to-day life at Halsey House is always fun with indoor bowls, bingo, tea dances as well as trips to local attractions on the agenda.
There is also a licensed bar where residents are able to relax and socialise with family and friends.
Halsey House provides specialist support to veterans and their families – and our residents often form strong friendships and bond over their shared experiences. This warm and welcoming atmosphere is what helps to make our care homes even more special.
Care home recruitment
During the COVID-19 outbreak our highest priority is the safety and well-being of our elderly and vulnerable veterans. More than ever the Legion needs skilled staff to help us care for those living in our care homes. So we can keep delivering the care they deserve, we need more staff to cover for sickness and absence.
We are calling on nurses, care assistants, general assistants, catering staff, administrators and maintenance staff, who are available for work now. We’ve got full and part time roles at our six UK care homes in Taunton, Cromer, Broadstairs, Bexhill-on-Sea, Southam and Ripon. The Legion is also looking to recruit an army of casual staff members able to provide temporary support to the homes during this crisis.
If you can help us by filling any of the roles in one of our homes, or know someone who can, please contact the Legion as soon as possible on 0808 802 8080 or LegionNeedsYou@britishlegion.org.uk.
Address and contact
Halsey House, 31 Norwich Road, Cromer, Norfolk NR27 0BA
Telephone: 01263 512 178
Fax: 01263 513 630
There are many things to consider when deciding to move yourself, or a family member, into a care home. We've recently put together a key summary document of Halsey House to help you consider whether it's the right care home for you.
The document provides useful details of the following and more:
- Type of care
- Funding options and fees
- Admission requirements
- Trial period
- Services, including Day Care service
Services and facilities
- 24-hour residential care, including
- Residential dementia care
- Nursing care
- Respite care
- End of life
- Day care service
- Staff at the home helping you to wash, bathe and take medication, and helping with other personal services
- A laundry service for your bedding and clothes
- Physiotherapy, occupational therapy and speech and language therapy
- Care planning, your accommodation and your meals (including any dietary requirements), snacks and drinks
- Access to local GP Access to local dentist and optical services
- Access to full range of NHS services via referral from GP or outpatient clinics
- Office services such as photocopying
- Home visits from private hairdresser (additional cost)
- Furnished room including bed, bedding, wardrobe, chest of drawers, chair, carpet, TV socket and landline phone socket
- En-suite facility including wash basin, toilet, shower and towels
- Passenger lift
- Wheelchair access
- Minibus and other transport
- Resident's kitchenette
- Daily social and leisure activities with support to maintain hobbies
- Shared computer with internet access and skype facilities for resident general use
- Open visiting hours: family and friends can also join our residents for a meal by booking in advance
- Landscape garden for residents with seating areas
- Pets are welcome to visit
Quality of life is important to us and we offer a variety of social events and outings in our two minibuses. We encourage our residents to go shopping, pursue hobbies and attend clubs.
We also make sure there’s plenty to do for residents, including indoor bowls, bingo, tea dances and crafts. On Sunday afternoons a visiting chaplain holds a religious service in our main lounge.
In the dining room, we offer a varied menu to suit all tastes as well as special diets. In addition, there is a licensed bar where residents can socialise with family and friends. A variety of lounges are available, offering a comfortable and homely atmosphere.
- Local authority funding
- NHS continuing health care funding
Who can stay?
Halsey House is open to ex-Sevice personnel and their dependents, including men and women of a varied age.
Coming to live at Halsey House is a new chapter in your life, a new address full of possibilities. You’ll share a common bond with our other residents, who each have their own story to tell. We hope it will feel like a home from home, where you decide how you want to spend your day.
We have 87 beds, and provide nursing, residential and personal care, as well as specialist dementia care. We also provide day care, five days per week, within our dedicated day care unit.
Our highly trained and skilled staff team put our residents at the core of everything we do. We aim to make a positive difference to your life, in a friendly, caring and warm environment.
More about Halsey House
Call our team on 01263 512 178 or download our brochure to find out more.