All our events operate in line with Covid-19 safety guidelines at the time.
Poppy Ride returns for its second year in 2021.
Join us for Poppy Ride 2021 and be part of our 100th year anniversary as we celebrate with a ride to remember. First time event riders or sportive enthusiasts can enjoy routes that all wind through the picturesque Staffordshire countryside and provide an opportunity to ride alongside veterans. Taking place on the anniversary weekend of our centenary, this really is a ride not to be missed.
All three distance options will start and finish at the Battle Back Centre, a specialist recovery facility that supports wounded, injured and sick service personnel to either return to active duty or make a smooth transition to life outside of the Armed Forces.
Event entry costs £32 and we encourage you to raise funds to support our vital support for the Armed Forces community, if your fundraising hits £200 you will receive our Summer Cycling Pack which will contain your Poppy branded cycling essentials.
We're offering a SUPER EARLY BIRD discounted registration fee of £28. Don't miss out - sign up today!
In 2021, there'll be three different distance route options to cater for everyone:
- 136km: This is the longest Poppy Ride route which is comparable to the longest day on our iconic Pedal to Paris event, this route also passes the very poignant National Memorial Arboretum.
- 70km: An ideal route for both experienced cyclists and those wanting to push themselves on a modestly flat route which takes in parts of the beautiful Cannock Chase.
- 35km: An almost completely flat route on quiet Staffordshire country lanes, an ideal introduction to anyone new to organised road cycling events.
Poppy Ride entry includes:
- Unique finisher’s medal
- Timed event, online results available
- On-site Parking
- Your choice of three professionally designed and sign posted routes
- Medical and Mechanical support throughout the ride and a sweeper vehicle
- Fully stocked Feed Stations
- Event Village with on-site catering
There will also be an option to join ability groups or a development group for those wanting to gain more experience in group riding. Each group will be led by our experienced RBL Ride Captains so you can focus on the challenge ahead.
Find out more about the event
Our Covid-19 promise
We promise if we or you have to cancel your place due to official Covid-19 restrictions we’ll transfer your place to another event or offer a refund.