Our Promise to the Armed Forces community
The RBL’s purpose is to create a better future for our Armed Forces community and their families. We do this in many ways, one of which is providing direct support in times of need and we are committed to providing the best possible standards of service and responding to needs of our customers.
Through this Charter, you will be able to understand what you can expect when you contact us for help and what to do if things do not go according to plan.
- We provide the support you need, when you need it
- We listen
- We are ready to respond
- We want your feedback
- We want you to help us to help you
Whatever your problem, we can help you.
We realise it is important to be able to contact us when you need help and in a way which you are most comfortable with. We will:
• Provide support 7 days a week from 8am – 8pm
• Clearly explain how to contact us in different ways
We recognise that for some people contacting us is a big step. We are here to support you no matter what the issue. When you contact us, you can expect us to:
• Listen to you and try to understand your circumstances
• Be helpful, polite, and treat you fairly and with respect
• Provide you with a named person who will support you, so you don’t have to keep repeating your story
• Only ask for the information we need and at a stage we need it
• Work with you and act together to identify the things that you agree will make a positive difference to you
Our staff and volunteers understand the issues faced by the Armed Forces community. Many of us have also served and all of us are dedicated to giving you the best support we possibly can.
When you contact us for support we will:
• Explain what will happen next and by when
• Do what we say we will do
• Keep in touch with you regularly
• Be guided by you on how we can best assist you
• Protect your personal information and maintain confidentiality in all but exceptional circumstances
• Provide a rapid response to assist you in times of urgent need, to keep you safe or resolve your concern
We are committed to working with the armed forces community to constantly improve our services.
We recognise we can always improve our services so:
• We welcome your feedback at all stages of your journey
• We will tell you what to do next if you’re not satisﬁed with how you’ve been treated
• We will say sorry and put things right if we get something wrong
• We will use your feedback to continuously improve the support we offer
We want to work in partnership with you and in order to provide the best possible service we ask that you:
• Keep us up to date of any major changes or key decisions to personal circumstances so we can always give you the best support
• Treat our team members, fairly and with courtesy and respect
• Be honest and open with us when providing information so we can give you the very best advice at all times