Someone fitting a handrail

We can help you to get support or funding to adapt your home or receive new equipment.

Adaption advice

Sometimes it may be necessary to make changes to your home so that you can manage safely and confidently and take some of the stress out of everyday tasks.

If your circumstances mean you may need adaptions to help you live independently in your home, we can provide information and advice on how to receive support. Including advice on having ramps, stair rails or a stair lift installed, doors widened or rehung or bathroom and kitchen adaptions. Find out more our adaption advice.

Disabled facilities grants 

Disabled facilities grants are also available to fund adaptions to your home to help you or a loved one live independently and comfortably.

These can help fund adaptions that will make it easier getting in and out of your home, including improving bathroom access and living facilities, make it easier to access and get around your home; as well as improving heating systems and adapting heating or lighting controls.

How to apply

Applications need to be made through your local council, find out how.

Get in touch

Our friendly helpline operators are ready to talk to you. You can call them on 0808 802 8080, or email us at [email protected].

Can't find what you're looking for?

Search our Knowledge Base for more information.
Knowledge Base
Exception occured while executing the controller. Check error logs for details.
Back to top