Employability support for veterans with health conditions
The Poppy Factory’s mission is to support veterans with health conditions on their journey into employment and to continue supporting them whatever challenges they may face.
Four out of five of the veterans they work with report a mental health condition. Whatever their situation, and whatever they are going through, The Poppy Factory's employability team is on hand to offer one-to-one support.
Their service is veteran-centred and helps people of all ages, including many over 50. The men and women they support move into a diverse range of jobs across dozens of different sectors, from logistics and construction to the charity sector and health care.
The Poppy Factory has been supporting wounded, injured and sick veterans for nearly 100 years. They continue to stand by them on their journey into employment and beyond.
Their support includes:
- Application process guidance such as CVs, application forms and interview preparation.
- Help in the workplace to identify any required adaptations to support veterans staying in work.
- Liaison with relevant clinicians to ensure veterans have consistent support.
- Training and qualifications where they are a requirement for the role.
- Signposting and referrals to partner organisations with ongoing collaboration.
To register for support for information about their employability service, please visit poppyfactory.org/employment. If you're ready to work, The Poppy Factory is ready to help you find
a fulfilling career that you want to pursue.