Starting a Business
The Legion provides a range of support if you are thinking of starting your own business. We have information and guidance on business plans, finances and tax requirements.
You will need to do your homework before you start up a business. The more research you do at this stage, the greater your chances of success. When you have researched business ideas, grants, target market(s), location, premises, suppliers, distribution, marketing, start up investment and projected profits, you will need to put this all together in a business plan.
Your business plan will be essential if you need to raise finance and will help keep your business on track. Our Civvy Street website has lots of useful information about every aspect of starting up a business.
How we help
In conjunction with our partners we can give you:
- Training in setting up a small business
- Help with writing your business plan
- Help with financial planning
- Assistance to source funding to help you launch and expand the business
- Business 'health checks' and mentoring.
You can access further information at our Civvy Street website where you will find information and resources including:
- Finance & book-keeping
- Self-employment: pros & cons
- Template Business Plans
- HM Revenue & Customs e-learning
If you can't find what you need on the website please call our helpline on 0800 678 5787.