Lister House provides expert care for the Armed Forces community and their families, including rehabilitation facilities and a specialist dementia wing.
Set within beautiful landscaped gardens in the historic town of Ripon, North Yorkshire, Lister House is where our residents and visitors can feel at home.
As well as spacious en-suite bedrooms, our home has cosy lounge areas, a bar to socialise with friends and family and a library where residents can spend some quiet time. We also have a chapel which hosts regular services.
Lister House Key Summary
We've put together a key summary document of Lister House to help you consider whether it's the right care home for you.
All our residents are part of the Armed Forces community, making our homes even more special.
Our team are proud to have created a wonderful environment where residents are able to make the most of every day.
There’s always something to keep people entertained with live music, bingo, quizzes, crafts and more!
As all of our residents are part of the Armed Forces community they often share a very unique connection – making Lister House even more special.
Care home recruitment
During the COVID-19 outbreak our highest priority is the safety and well-being of our elderly and vulnerable veterans. More than ever the Legion needs skilled staff to help us care for those living in our care homes. So we can keep delivering the care they deserve, we need more staff to cover for sickness and absence.
We are calling on nurses, care assistants, general assistants, catering staff, administrators and maintenance staff, who are available for work now. We’ve got full and part time roles at our six UK care homes in Taunton, Cromer, Broadstairs, Bexhill-on-Sea, Southam and Ripon. The Legion is also looking to recruit an army of casual staff members able to provide temporary support to the homes during this crisis.
If you can help us by filling any of the roles in one of our homes, or know someone who can, please contact the Legion as soon as possible on 0808 802 8080 or LegionNeedsYou@britishlegion.org.uk.
Address and contact
Lister House, Southgate
Ripon, North Yorkshire HG4 1PG
Telephone: 01765 694 740
Fax: 01765 690 917
There are many things to consider when deciding to move yourself, or a family member, into a care home. We've recently put together a key summary document of Lister House to help you consider whether it's the right care home for you.
The document provides useful details of the following and more:
- Type of care
- Funding options and fees
- Admission requirements
- Trial period
- Services, including Day Care services
Services and facilities
- 24-hour residential care, including
- Residential dementia care
- Nursing care
- Respite care
- End of life
- Day care service
- Staff at the home helping you to wash, bathe and take medication, and helping with other personal services
- A laundry service for your bedding and clothes
- Physiotherapy, occupational therapy and speech and language therapy
- Care planning, your accommodation and your meals (including any dietary requirements), snacks and drinks
- Access to local GP Access to local dentist and optical services
- Access to full range of NHS services via referral from GP or outpatient clinics
- Office services such as photocopying
- Home visits from private hairdresser (additional cost)
- Furnished room including bed, bedding, wardrobe, chest of drawers, chair, carpet, TV socket and landline phone socket
- En-suite facility including wash basin, toilet, shower and towels
- Passenger lift
- Wheelchair access
- Minibus and other transport
- Resident's kitchenette
- Daily social and leisure activities to support to maintain hobbies
- Shared computer with internet access
- Open visiting hours: family and friends can also join residents for a meal by booking in advance
- Pets are welcome to visit
Camaraderie and social interaction play a big part in the day-to-day life of our home.
We have an activity coordinator who helps residents to pursue their passions and hobbies through a range of regular events, including live music, bingo, quizzes and crafts.
We also have an ecumenical Chapel where members of the Ripon Cathedral Chapter celebrate regular services.
- Local authority funding
- NHS continuing health care funding
Who can stay?
We provide short and long-term care for serving, veterans, and their dependents.
We have a community of men and women of varied ages and abilities. Our homes are exclusive to ex-Service people and their dependents, so there is always a special camaraderie.
We have comfortable lounges, a bar, library and attractive landscaped gardens to relax in.
More about Lister House
Call our team on 01765 694 740 or download our brochure to find out more.