All our events operate in line with Covid-19 safety guidelines at the time.
Join us for Pedal to Ypres
This three-day trip remembers the incredible sacrifices made by all those who fought in both World Wars.
Our dedicated trip historian helps us appreciate the sacrifices that were made by so many as we cycle through this stunning countryside.
Join this ride and you’ll be helping us to provide support and services to veterans in need of help today as you combine your love of cycling and history, and take on this special event for the Royal British Legion.
Your cycle journey will start from Dover and passes through key historical regions of France and Belgium. Our visits to battlefields, cemeteries and memorials along the route will bring a strong feeling of Remembrance to this scenic bike ride.
Dates for 2023:
You can enjoy the countryside and focus on cycling while our expert team look after you.
We’ll encourage you all the way, ensuring you enjoy the experience of possibly your first multi-day ride and at the finish you’ll pass through the iconic Menin Gate in Ypres. A moving and poignant end to your ride.
This ride is about comradery and creating a personal community of riders who have a remarkable experience together exploring history.
Sign up today:
There are additional package options if you would like to book travel for you and your bike + Dover accommodation the day before from London and returning on Monday.
* Please note: If you choose to Fundraise, a proportion of your fundraising will go towards covering the cost of your place in the event. Please ensure this is clearly communicated to anyone who donates towards your challenge.
Receive a FREE official RBL cycling jersey if you reach 80% of your fundraising by 1 June 2023.
Find out more about the event
Our Covid-19 promise
We promise if we or you have to cancel your place due to official Covid-19 restrictions we’ll transfer your place to another event or offer a refund.
Your exclusive place on Team RBL includes all this and more:
- A dedicated historian will be your personal tour guide at all the sites and battlefields we visit.
- All transport including ferry crossing from Dover and return for you and your bike to Dover.
- Option to book London travel packages on Friday and Monday are available at an additional cost. These can be added at registration or at a later date.
- Two nights’ accommodation from the ride start (if you do not wish to share a room, single rooms are available for an additional supplement of £120).
- All meals (except breakfast on first day and lunch on the last day) and catered pit stops during the ride.
- All your luggage transported to each overnight stop.
- Medics, mechanics and ride captains all on hand throughout the ride.
- Full pre-ride support including a dedicated supporter care team, training plans and fundraising advice.
- An official money-can't-buy medal for completing the ride!
- An official RBL cycling jersey if you reach 80% of your fundraising by 1 June 2023.