Pedal to Paris
This four day ride from London to Paris is an experience for competitive cyclists and enthusiastic recreational riders. Any determined cyclist can enjoy the sense of a Grand Tour on a unique ride through France and into Paris arriving as a peloton on a closed road at the Arc De Triomphe.
Continuous cycling is enabled by rolling road closures in France and full support offered by ride captains, mechanics, physios and sports masseurs will ensure your challenge is a top class experience.
Raise funds for Veterans of all generations and transform the lives of those families impacted by life changing injuries, both physically and mentally.
"Simply the best cycling event for London to Paris, with a feel you are on a grand tour event!"- Jon Pain, past participant
Setting off from London, the four-day event will take you through beautiful English and French countryside covering a total of 460km/284miles. Once in France, we coordinate rolling road closures so you can cycle from Calais to the very heart of Paris without having to think about traffic, junctions or red lights. This is the only cycling event apart from the Tour de France that the Arc de Triomphe closes for.
It's well paced with breaks throughout each day.
DAY 1 - London to Calais (129km): Leave the capital bright and early and head south through some of Kent’s finest scenery.
DAY 2 - Calais to Abbeville (120.9km): Through the beautiful French countryside
DAY 3 - Abbeville to Beauvais (106.9km): From the town of Abbeville through the Somme and Oise regions of Picardie.
DAY 4 - Beauvais to Paris (100.8km): The final stretch from Beauvais to Paris.
DAY 5 - Paris to London: Return travel on the Eurostar on Monday.
Why ride for us?
Your fundraising has a truly life-changing impact on the people we help. Take some time to read about Anna Pollock, and find out about how the recumbent bike that the Legion funded changed her life and gave her back her passion for doing physical activity.
- Transport – including ferry crossing and a Eurostar ticket from Paris to London
- Four nights’ accommodation, fully catered
- Gala dinner
- Luggage transported to each overnight stop. Bikes stored securely each night and transported back to London after the ride.
- Fully signposted route in England and motorbike convoy with rolling road closures in France
- GPX files for the route
- Full pre-ride support including a dedicated supporter care team to manage any questions you might have, training plans and advice, a Royal British Legion digital fundraising pack and access to the Rider Zone
- Full support during the ride including medics, sports massage therapists, mechanics, motorbike outriders and ride captains
- An official Royal British Legion Pedal to Paris cycle jersey
- A medal for completing the ride
“The organisation by RBL was second to none. I was so impressed with all aspects of organisation”- Jill Hickman, rider 2018