Pedal to Paris
This four-day ride from London to Paris is a unique opportunity to take part in a fully supported professional bike ride while raising money for the Armed Forces community.
Setting off from London, the four-day event will take you through beautiful English and French countryside covering a total of 460km/284miles. Once in France, we coordinate rolling road closures so you can cycle from Calais to the very heart of Paris without having to think about traffic, junctions or red lights. This is the only cycling event apart from the Tour de France that the Arc de Triomphe closes for.
You’ll receive a warm welcome as we pass through France - many locals come out to cheer you along! You’ll pass the distinctive landmarks of Paris before the final leg - cycling towards the Arc de Triomphe in a peloton of cyclists is an experience you’ll never forget! The ride culminates with a moving ceremony at the Arc de Triomphe followed by a celebration dinner at the hotel in Paris.
It’s a challenging ride and you will need to train to make the most of the experience, but the Legion's specialist support team and riders will be with you every step of the way. Riders can also choose from different speed groups and will be able to switch between the groups over the event. If you’re social cyclist or a bit of a pro, there’s a group to match your pace.
"Riding up to the Arc de Triomphe was one of the most thrilling cycling experiences I’ve had, and I've had a few!"Linda Petzing, past participant
It's well paced with breaks throughout each day.
London to Calais (129km): Leave the capital bright and early and head south through some of Kent’s finest scenery.
Calais to Abbeville (120.9km): Through the beautiful
Abbeville to Beauvais (106.9km): From the town of Abbeville through the Somme and Oise regions of Picardie.
Beauvais to Paris (100.8km): The final stretch from Beauvais to Paris.
Paris to London: Return travel on the Eurostar on Monday.
- Transport – including ferry crossing and a Eurostar ticket from Paris to London
- Four nights’ accommodation from the ride start (if you do not wish to share a room, single rooms area available for an additional supplement of £225)
- All meals, except breakfast on Day One
- Catered pit stops
- Bike transport back to London after the ride Support vehicles carrying cyclists luggage kits to each overnight stop
- Celebration dinner on the final night
- Fully signposted route in England and motorbike convoy with rolling road closures in
- France Downloadable GPS route (GPX file)
- Medical support from paramedics and physio support
- Mechanical support (all labour costs are covered but you will be billed for any spare parts used in repairing your bike)
- Motorbike support marshals
- Full support prior to the ride including training advice, equipment checklist and information on the ride
- An official Royal British Legion Pedal to Paris cycle jersey
- A medal for completing the ride and certificate of achievement
- A Royal British Legion digital fundraising pack
- A dedicated supporter care team to manage any questions you might have
"The experience was fantastic and very emotional at times. What made it for me was all the wonderful people who took part and supported each other through the good times and bad."Karen Doig, 2016 rider
Why ride for us?
Your fundraising has a truly life-changing impact on the people we help. Take some time to read about Anna Pollock, she will tell you about how the recumbent bike that the Legion funded changed her life and gave her back her passion for doing physical activity. Anna is taking part in Pedal to Paris in 2018 so why not join her, meet her and directly see the results of your fundraising.