X-Forces Enterprise (XFE) is a Community Interest Company (CIC) that nurtures entrepreneurial ambition and enterprise skills specifically within the military community.
Over the last seven years, X-Forces have supported over 2,100 businesses start-up, and supported many more through peer-to-peer support, helped beneficiaries access over £19.6 million in start-up funds and they have delivered over 35,000 hours of training.
X-Forces help anyone in the Armed Forces community: Service leavers, veterans, reservists, family members - tri-service.
- Enterprise for Life ®: learn life-long enterprise skills, whether starting a business or going into gainful employment. Understanding business basics gives individuals commercial knowhow and the building blocks into the civilian world. Should you decide that self-employment is not the right option, you can apply the enterprise skills you have learned to developing your career and better focusing your job-search.
- If you are contemplating self-employment and want to make an informed decision as to whether the enterprise route is right for you, X-Forces offer support to help you discover the pros and cons of starting your own business by deep diving into your idea and venture. You can also attend their workshop, if you decide that a start-up is right for you.
- If you are already trading and worried about the three Cs of Cash, Customers, and Capabilities, they offer support that's designed to help both new business-owners who are just starting to follow their dream and established entrepreneurs who are hitting on hard times. This is a new programme responding particularly to the current economic climate.
- If you are looking to network with like-minded people, at any stage of your journey, X-Forces hold weekly Military in Business® networking events, hosted by their amazing regional Ambassadors and with guest speakers from a variety of businesses, including partners at the Federation of Small Businesses and NatWest Accelerator Hubs. This is helpful to build your network and supports peer to peer learning.
- On their recently launched XFE Knowledge Exchange Hub, they have a growing army of Business Captains waiting to support you in a confidential and secure environment, also supported by NatWest and FSB. Register today as a member and start chatting to a business expert. The free to use digital XFE hub is a business support platform specifically for the Armed Forces community. It is designed to complement the support already offered by XFE. It is a one-stop-shop for all things related to self-employment, including peer to peer support, free events and business information, removing the barriers of time, travel and family commitments.
- See X-Forces full list of free training and networking events. All courses are fully-funded and offer a consultative, immersive experience led by experts in the field. These are all free resources for the Armed Forces community.