Walking With The Wounded (WWTW) supports veterans with physical, mental, or social injuries on their journey to reintegrate back into society, regain their independence and secure sustainable employment.
Walking With The Wounded has two key programmes, each one addressing a barrier to employment for a veteran. Home Straight is for homeless or at risk of being homeless veterans, and Step Into health provides veterans with opportunities to work in the NHS.
Home Straight Programme
- Employment advisor support and guidance to veterans who are in supported accommodation and would otherwise be homeless, and outreach support to those at risk of homelessness, in order to secure positive employment outcomes.
- Employment advisor support to veterans engaged with NHS regional Mental Health teams.
Step Into Health
- Employment pathway delivered in partnership with the NHS and Royal Foundation with access to over 300 career opportunities within the NHS (not all clinical), recognising the skills of Service personnel, many of which are transferrable.
- Bespoke work experience packages of up to four weeks for veterans, spouses or partners to explore the extensive career opportunities available.
- Telephone: 0126 386 3900
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: WWTW
- Head Office Address: Stody Hall Barns, Stody, Melton Constable, Norfolk NR24 2ED