Employment Support Grants
Finding a job can be one of the hardest parts of leaving the Armed Forces. The Legion can support you to receive funding for additional training or education.
About employment grants
The Legion’s Employment Support Grant Scheme is designed to help unemployed or under-employed Legion beneficiaries with assistance to achieve sustainable employment.
An Employment Support Grant can be used to:
- Fund skills development courses
- Pay for costs associated with attendance on a course
- Pay for costs associated with a job offer, such as clothing, equipment and travel costs.
Explore the Employment Support Grant scheme here.
Find out more about information about training, education and employability.
Disability and employment
The Royal British Legion Industries (RBLI) can help you with employment matters, if you are living with a social and/or physical disadvantage. You must be receiving a health-related benefit to access this service.
Free of charge, RBLI offers employment-related programmes to help get you back into work, tailored to meet your specific needs, abilities and circumstances. This includes:
- Motivational mentoring support
- Managing an on-going health condition
- Personal financial calculations
- CV writing and job searching
- Applying for jobs and improving interview skills
- Access to any appropriate financial grants while in work
- On-the-job support to help you settle in.
All assistance is provided by skilled personal advisers and support staff.