Galanos House in Warwickshire is one of The Royal British Legion’s Care Homes, with a specialist Dementia care wing. Like every one of the Legion's Care Homes, we are exclusive to the Armed Forces community and their families.
Galanos House is situated on the edge of Southam, a small market town in the heart of the Warwickshire countryside. The home is set within a number of attractive landscaped gardens. The home organises regular shopping trips in their minibus, as well as visits to the nearby historic towns of Warwick, Stratford-upon-Avon and Rugby.
At Galanos House, they recognise the importance of residents’ shared experiences. People there form special bonds and make new friends. They offer nursing, residential and dementia care, as well as respite and day care. The home is purpose built and opened on its current site in September 2002. It now has 91 spacious single rooms, all of which have en-suite facilities. The smaller lounge areas and seating alcoves give the home a cosy, comfortable feeling, where you can sit and relax with a good book, enjoy a board game or chat with friends over a coffee. The air-conditioned conservatory gives the space an outdoor feel with an indoor temperature.
The care at Galanos House has been classified as ‘outstanding’ following a Care Quality Commission inspection in November 2017. Galanos House was also named ‘Care Home of the Year 2015’ by the National Care Awards, for its high standard of care and dedicated dementia care unit, Poppy Lodge.
The social side to life at Galanos House is very important. Their wellbeing team make sure there’s always lots to look forward to, including quizzes, art and craftwork, dancing, singing and concerts. Guests are always welcome to join residents for a meal in the dining room. The in-house cinema and bar add to the residents’ enjoyment. Camaraderie, social interaction and helping residents pursue their hobbies and interests play a big part in the day-to-day life at Galanos House.
Galanos House, Banbury Road, Southam
Warwickshire CV47 2BL
Telephone: 01926 812185
Fax: 01926 815596
Keeping up standards
Following the Care Quality Commission inspection in March 2015, we've been classified as Outstanding. The full report can be read from the link above or you can read our news item here.
Galanos House was named 'Care Home of the Year 2015' by the National Care Awards, for its high standard of care and dedicated dementia care unit - Poppy Lodge.
“There's a lot more to life at Galanos House and its facilities than we can show you on this website. If you would like further information, or to arrange a visit, please contact call us on 01926 812185."Jo-Anne Wilson - Home Manager, Galanos House
Service and facilities
Type of service
- Residential (personal) care
- Nursing care
- Residential (personal) Dementia care - Poppy Lodge
- Passenger lift
- Wheelchair access
- Gardens for residents and seating areas
- Minibus or other transport
- Licensed bar / café on premises
- Resident's kitchenette
- Daily social and leisure activities with support to maintain hobbies
- Shared computer with Internet access for resident general use in the main building
- Wi-Fi and a Skype facility are available to residents living in The Lodge and their families and friends
- Open visiting hours; family and friends may also join our residents for a meal by booking in advance
- 60 single rooms with en suite WC in main home
- 30 single rooms with en suite WC in The Lodge
- Phone point in own room for private telephone and Broadband connection; mobile phones can be used throughout the Home
- Television point in own room
- Smoking not permitted
- Own furniture if required
- Pets are welcome visitors
- Long stay care
- Day care
- Short term respite care (subject to availability)
- Access to local GP
- Access to local dentist and optical services
- Access to full range of NHS services via referral from GP or outpatient clinics
- Home visits from private hairdresser
- Minibus for day trips
- We have an Amenity Committee who are volunteers with an elected Chairperson who raise funds to provide many extras for the comfort and enjoyment of our residents
- Dining area
- Accessible bathrooms
- Close to local shops
- Near public transport
- Local accommodation available for visitors