Galanos House in Warwickshire is one of The Royal British Legion’s Care Homes, with a specialist Dementia care wing. Like every one of the Legion's Care Homes, we are exclusive to ex-Service people and their dependants.
Galanos House is situated on the edge of Southam, a small market town in the heart of the Warwickshire countryside. It's a comfortable place, somewhere residents can feel is their real home, for as long as they are with us.
Galanos House, Banbury Road, Southam
Warwickshire CV47 2BL
Telephone: 01926 812185
Fax: 01926 815596
Galanos House has 60 spacious modern bedrooms, all with en suite facilities and of course residents can personalise their rooms with small pieces of furniture and special mementos. Experienced registered nurses and a dedicated team of care assistants provide 24-hour care.
To support the Legion's community of carers we also provide day care, five days per week.
Poppy Lodge, our residential Dementia Care Unit, opened in June 2011. There are 30 bedrooms, all with en suite / shower facilities. The Lodge has three wings of 10 bedrooms leading into a central area. Each wing has its own lounge, dining room and bathroom. The central area has a café, hairdresser and an activity area. Life is busy in The Lodge with occupation and activity being at its heart.
Keeping up standards
Following the Care Quality Commission inspection in March 2015, we've been classified as Outstanding. The full report can be read from the link above or you can read our news item here.
Galanos House was named 'Care Home of the Year 2015' by the National Care Awards, for its high standard of care and dedicated dementia care unit - Poppy Lodge.
“There's a lot more to life at Galanos House and its facilities than we can show you on this website. If you would like further information, or to arrange a visit, please contact call us on 01926 812185."Jo-Anne Wilson - Home Manager, Galanos House
Service and facilities
Type of service
- Residential (personal) care
- Nursing care
- Residential (personal) Dementia care - Poppy Lodge
- Passenger lift
- Wheelchair access
- Gardens for residents and seating areas
- Minibus or other transport
- Licensed bar / café on premises
- Resident's kitchenette
- Daily social and leisure activities with support to maintain hobbies
- Shared computer with Internet access for resident general use in the main building
- Wi-Fi and a Skype facility are available to residents living in The Lodge and their families and friends
- Open visiting hours; family and friends may also join our residents for a meal by booking in advance
- 60 single rooms with en suite WC in main home
- 30 single rooms with en suite WC in The Lodge
- Phone point in own room for private telephone and Broadband connection; mobile phones can be used throughout the Home
- Television point in own room
- Smoking not permitted
- Own furniture if required
- Pets are welcome visitors
- Long stay care
- Day care
- Short term respite care (subject to availability)
- Access to local GP
- Access to local dentist and optical services
- Access to full range of NHS services via referral from GP or outpatient clinics
- Home visits from private hairdresser
- Minibus for day trips
- We have an Amenity Committee who are volunteers with an elected Chairperson who raise funds to provide many extras for the comfort and enjoyment of our residents
- Dining area
- Accessible bathrooms
- Close to local shops
- Near public transport
- Local accommodation available for visitors