Galanos House offers nursing and personal care as well as respite and day care for the Armed Forces community and their families.
Our dedicated team provide 24-hour expert care and support, including a specialist dementia wing.
Set within beautiful grounds on the edge of Southam, Warwickshire, our purpose built home has been designed to create a warm and welcoming atmosphere for residents and visitors. Galanos House has 91 spacious single rooms, all with en-suite facilities, plus cosy lounge areas to sit and relax or chat with friends.
Galanos House Key Summary
We've put together a key summary document of Galanos House to help you consider whether it's the right care home for you.
Friendship and camaraderie play a big part in the day-to-day life at Galanos House.
The health and happiness of our residents and visitors is paramount and we’re proud to say that our care has been classified as ‘outstanding’ following a Care Quality Commission inspection in November 2017.
As well as providing a safe and comfortable environment, friendship and camaraderie play a big part in the day-to-day life at Galanos House. Our wellbeing team make sure there’s always lots to look forward to, including quizzes, arts and crafts, dancing, singing and concerts.
We also organise regular shopping trips and visits to the nearby historic towns.
Care home recruitment
During the COVID-19 outbreak our highest priority is the safety and well-being of our elderly and vulnerable veterans. More than ever the Legion needs skilled staff to help us care for those living in our care homes. So we can keep delivering the care they deserve, we need more staff to cover for sickness and absence.
We are calling on nurses, care assistants, general assistants, catering staff, administrators and maintenance staff, who are available for work now. We’ve got full and part time roles at our six UK care homes in Taunton, Cromer, Broadstairs, Bexhill-on-Sea, Southam and Ripon. The Legion is also looking to recruit an army of casual staff members able to provide temporary support to the homes during this crisis.
If you can help us by filling any of the roles in one of our homes, or know someone who can, please contact the Legion as soon as possible on 0808 802 8080 or LegionNeedsYou@britishlegion.org.uk.
Address and contact
Galanos House, Banbury Road, Southam, Warwickshire CV47 2BL
Telephone: 01926 812 185
Fax: 01926 815 596
There are many things to consider when deciding to move yourself, or a family member, into a care home. We've recently put together a key summary document of Galanos House to help you consider whether it's the right care home for you.
The document provides useful details of the following and more:
- Type of care
- Funding options and fees
- Admission requirements
- Trial period
- Services, including Day Care services
Services and facilities
- 24-hour residential care, including
- Residential dementia care
- Nursing care
- Respite care
- End of life
- Nursing dementia care
- Day care service
- Staff at the home helping you to wash, bathe and take medication, and helping with other personal services
- A laundry service for your bedding and clothes
- Physiotherapy, occupational therapy and speech and language therapy
- Care planning, your accommodation and your meals (including any dietary requirements), snacks and drinks
- Access to local GP Access to local dentist and optical services
- Access to full range of NHS services via referral from GP or outpatient clinics
- Office services such as photocopying
- Home visits from private hairdresser (additional cost)
- Furnished room including bed, bedding, wardrobe, chest of drawers, chair, carpet, TV socket and landline phone socket
- En-suite facility including wash basin, toilet, shower and towels
- Passenger lift
- Wheelchair access
- Minibus and other transport
- Licensed bar / café on premises
- Resident's kitchenette
- Daily social and leisure activities with support to maintain hobbies
- Shared computer with internet access for resident general use in the main building
- WiFi and Skype facilities are available to residents living in The Lodge
- Open visiting hours: family and friends may also join our residents for a meal by booking in advance
- Pets are welcome visitors
The social side to life at Galanos House is very important. Our wellbeing team make sure there’s always lots to look forward to, including quizzes, art and craftwork, dancing, singing and concerts.
Guests are always welcome to join residents for a meal in the dining room. Our in-house cinema and bar add to the residents’ enjoyment.
Camaraderie, social interaction and helping our residents pursue their hobbies and interests play a big part in the day-to-day life of our home.
- Local authority funding
- NHS continuing health care funding
Who can stay?
We open our doors to Serving personnel, veterans and their dependents - of all of ages.
Our smaller lounge areas and seating alcoves give our home a cosy, comfortable feeling, where you can sit and relax with a good book, enjoy a board game or chat with friends over a coffee. Our air-conditioned conservatory gives our space an outdoor feel with an indoor temperature.
Our care has been classified as ‘Outstanding’ following a Care Quality Commission inspection in November 2017. Galanos House was also named ‘Care Home of the Year 2015’ by the National Care Awards, for its high standard of care and dedicated dementia care unit, Poppy Lodge.
More about Galanos House
Call our team on 01926 812 185 or download our brochure to find out more.