Setting off from London, the four-day journey will cover a total distance of 500km.
We'll passing through the historic Somme region of France before finishing at the iconic Menin Gate in Ypres. We'll be joined by historian Dan Hill who will share historical information with us at each site we visit.
GPX files and the full route will be provided to participants, if you have any questions about this please call us on 0333 011 4500.
Cycle from London, experiencing the beautiful Kent countryside, onto Dover before crossing the channel to Calais.
Arrive promptly at Greenwich Park at 7:00am for a 7:30am roll out/departure.
Cycle through northern France and visit Etaples Military Cemetery – the largest Commonwealth War Graves Cemetery in France - on the way.
Cycle through the Somme region visiting the Lochnagar Crater and visiting Thiepval Memorial.
Cycle north and visit sites like Vimy Ridge, Pheasant Wood and Tyne Cott before cycling into Ypres and finishing at the Menin Gate. In the evening you will attend the special 20.00 service in Ypres at the Menin Gate.
We will arrange your transport back to London from Ypres.
Like the sound of our itinerary?
Join our team and take on Pedal to Ypres this June
Sign up today!
You'll need the right kit to help you complete the challenge.
A standard hybrid or road bike will be sufficient for the Pedal to Ypres challenge. No mountain or fixed wheel bikes are allowed on our long distance rides.
Your bike must be in roadworthy condition, so consider taking it to your local bike shop for a check-up prior to the ride. If you would like to talk to an expert, please contact Nigel Hill at Sidcup Cycles on 020 8300 8113 who will be happy to assist you.
Please note that anyone needing help from our mechanics at the start of an event to ensure road-worthiness will be charged for this service.
You'll also need some other kit, including:
- Helmets: These are mandatory for our ride.
- Cycle lock: This is optional as we provide secure lock-up storage at each overnight location.
- Water bottles: We recommend carrying two of these on your bike.
- Puncture repair kit: We have mechanics on the route, but we'd recommend that you bring one.
- Small rucksack or cycling panniers: These are great for carrying any personal items you may need during the day such as medications, cameras, puncture repair kit, etc.
- Clothing: Suitable clothing includes lycra cycling tops, padded shorts, footwear, sunglasses, cycling gloves and a waterproof jacket.
- First aid kit: We have medics who can support you on the ride, but we recommend bringing a basic first aid kit. This could include sun cream, insect spray, muscle rub, vaseline, lip balm, sanitary products and prescribed medication.
Travel documents and items you'll need could include:
- Currency: You will need some Euros. All meals and refreshments are included - but not bar bills! You should also allow enough cash to cover taxi/metro costs from the hotel in Paris to the relevant Eurostar stations for your return to London.
- Baggage: Space is limited so we can only carry one bag per person. You will deliver your luggage to, and collect from, a central point each day, as it will be transported for you. Please make sure that your luggage is clearly marked with your name and does not weigh more than 15kg.
- Documents: This includes a valid passport, travel insurance for yourself and your bike, and your European Health Insurance Card.