Please make sure you have read through the Terms & Conditions that you agree to by signing up to our Arctic Survival challenge.
- In return for a place on one of The Royal British Legion’s Arctic Survival Challenges (hereinafter known as ‘the Legion’), all Participants must complete an entry form and pay the notified registration fee whether participating as an individual or in a team
- On events that the registration fee is split between a deposit and balance the balance must be paid 8 weeks before the event. Failure to pay the balance on time may result in the Participant forfeiting the place on the chosen trip
- All fundraising activity undertaken as part of the Event must be for the benefit of the Legion’s vital work
- Participants may be asked to raise a Minimum Sponsorship as part of the participation in an Event. If this is the case, the Legion will make this clear in the relevant event information and specify the sum needed to be raised. Failure to meet the minimum sponsorship may affect the Participants chances of entry in subsequent
- All funds raised for the Legion’s work shall be paid to the Legion as soon as is practical through an authorised online fundraising page (Justgiving) or sent to the charity’s head office no later than two months after the last day of the event. Mass Events, The Royal British Legion, 199 Borough High Street, London, SE1 1AA
- Should the Participant have to cancel the place, all donations or sponsorship already paid to the Legion are non-refundable to the Participant. Monies may only be refunded directly to the donor on written request.
- For safety reasons all participants must be aged over 18 at the start of the event.
- Participants over 65 must provide a medical certificate from their doctor stating they are medically able to take part in the event.
- The Events the Legion organise are physical and can be strenuous so Participants must ensure that they are sufficiently fit and healthy to participate in the Event safely.
- Participants who have any doubt about their health or have a medical condition that could be affected by exercise, particularly a heart condition, epilepsy or asthma, must provide a medical certificate from their doctor stating they are medically able to take part in the event before the event.
- By agreeing to these Terms and Conditions, the Participant confirms that they take full responsibility that they are sufficiently fit and healthy enough to safely participate in the event and for their personal well-being.
- In addition to the Participants needing to arrange their own travel insurance for events outside of the UK Participants also need to obtain an EHIC Card which entitles the bearer to varying levels of treatment whilst in the EU. Full information can be obtained from the Post Office or online.
- All Participants take part in Legion Events at their own All Participants must ensure that any equipment or clothing used is in good condition and suitable for the Event.
- All Participants must follow instructions from officials and expedition leaders.
- Participants acknowledge and agree that as Events often take place in public spaces the Legion cannot be held liable for any damage caused outside of its direct control.
- Participants acknowledge and agree the dangers associated with the consumption of alcohol and/or drugs before during and after the event, understand this may impair judgment and motor skills and take responsibility for any injury, loss or damage associated with the Participants’ consumption.
Neither the Legion nor its agents or contractors shall be liable for:
- any injury or accident causing loss or damage to a Participant where this is sustained as a result of a Participant taking part in the Event, save where this is a direct result of the actions or negligence of the Legion, its agents or expedition leaders.
- the Legion shall not be liable for any loss or damage sustained by a Participant as a result of: the cancellation of an Event by the Legion for any reason; any changes made to an Event by the Legion for safety or any other reasons; or any circumstances beyond the control of the Legion
- Participants shall be responsible for arranging their own suitable and adequate insurance protection to cover their participation in an Event, including, without limitation, cover for material loss/damage, insurance in respect of any equipment they may use in the Event, personal property (including clothing), any loss or damage they may cause to a third party, medical expenses, death, injury, repatriation, cancellation and curtailment or negligence of any Participants must inform their insurer of the type of activity being undertaking.
- Each Participant is responsible for his/her actions whilst attending or participating in the Event. This includes at the Event start point, during the Event and at the completion point. The Legion accepts no responsibility for the actions of a Participant nor the consequences of such
- If the participant cancels their place in the Event the initial deposits / registrations are non refundable.
- Registrations to participate in an Event are non-transferable to another year.
- In the event that the Legion is forced to cancel an Event for any reason, we will notify all Participants as soon as possible, and if the Participant wish to claim a refund of the Registration Fee we must be notified within 14 days of us sending the notification of the cancellation. If we do not receive a request for a refund, we will treat the Registration Fee as a donation to the work of the charity.
- While the Legion endeavours to adhere to the itinerary provided there may be exceptional circumstances when this is not The Legion reserves the right to alter the Event details as required. If changes to the Event Date are made, the Legion shall update the Event information and notify all Participants affected as soon as reasonably practicable. No refund in full or part shall be made in respect of any change to the Event, subject to the clause below.
In the event of a change of the Event Date, Participants will have the right within 14 days of receiving notice of this change to request a refund of their Registration Fee and withdraw from the Event or to transfer their registration.
- Participants are responsible for all travel to the start point and from the end point of the chosen event unless otherwise stated.
- Participants are responsible for any accommodation needed prior to the start of the event.
- For overseas events Participants must be in possession of a valid passport at the time of travelling.
- On multi-day events, accommodation in the log cabin will be on a shared basis. Participants will only be placed in a shared room with persons of the same sex.
- Photographs and films will be taken throughout each Event by the Legion and/or its contractors. All Participants consent to all and any use in any media by the Legion of any photographs and/or films in which they feature.
- All Participants acknowledge and agree that no payment will be made to any Participant for the use of any photographs or films in which they may
- Each Participant agrees that information provided to the Legion in connection with Events may be used by the Legion in accordance with prevailing data protection.
- The Legion will use the information provided by Participants to manage the Event and the Participant’s involvement in it. The Legion will keep the Participant up to date with Legion activities in accordance with their stated
- Participants will agree to provide emergency contact information when registering for an event
- We reserve the right to pass all information provided by a Participant to the expedition supplier, any first aid organisation or medical provider attending and assisting at an Event, for example, the St John’s Ambulance, for safety This is to enable the Medical Provider to:
- administer first aid in the event that a Participant suffers illness or injury during the Event; and
- to contact the friends or relatives of a Participant, where
- Participants agree that any Medical Provider may provide the Legion with:
- the names of any Participant that they treat during the Event together with details of the circumstances surrounding that treatment; and
- the name of any Participant who notifies the Medical Provider that they are withdrawing from an Event due to ill health
All Participants must abide by any instructions given by the Legion, their employees or agents during an Event. Failure to follow any such instructions may result in the Legion refusing to allow the Participant to continue in the Event.
By completing the application form, the Participant is legally agreeing to the Terms and Conditions laid out above. If you are applying on behalf of the Participant, you must make sure they have read and understood the Terms and Conditions clearly.
Fancy taking on the challenge?
Join our team and head to Sweden for our Arctic Survival Challenge
Sign up today!