Western Front Trek
Trek along the Western Front with the Legion to remember the incredible sacrifices made by all those who fought in the First World War.
LocationFrance to Belgium
Pass through the battlefields and memorials of World War One around the Somme and Ypres, tracing parts of the Western Front. You’ll walk an average of 13 miles per day over the four days of walking.
As we walk along the hill-ridges, through fields and woodland while looking at the beautiful views over the now tranquil countryside, it is all too easy to imagine the events of the past. This is a poignant experience as well as a physical challenge – a memorable and meaningful way to raise funds for the Armed Forces community.
Day 1: Transport from London to Amiens; check in to hotel and trip briefing.
Day 2: Trek from Bray-sur-Somme through the Somme region to the Beaumont Hamel trenches, via the Lochnagar Crater and Thiepval Memorial to the Missing.
Day 3: Walk along farm tracks and through forest to the stunning Anneau de la mémoire Notre Dame de Lorette via the Vimy Ridge Canadian Memorial.
Day 4: Leave Ypres on a canal path via Essex Farm Cemetery, Pilkem Ridge and Langemark.
Day 5: Leave the historical Hill 60 via the Sanctuary wood, Tyne Cot Cemetery and Passchendaele Museum before finishing at the Menin Gate for the moving Last Post ceremony.
Day 6: Transport back to London.
We’re very happy to be working with experienced trek leaders from Discover Adventure so you’ll be supported every step of the way. The cost of this trip includes:
- Transport – including ferry and coach transport from London to Amiens, Ypres to London, and coach transfers throughout the trip
- Five nights accommodation in hotels on a twin-share basis
- Meals for the duration of the trek: breakfast, snacks, lunch and evening meals, except breakfast on day one
- Experienced tour leaders and support crew
- Entrance to museums and sites included in itinerary
- Pre-trip briefing
- Event app
- An exclusive discount code for one week of free training with British Military Fitness
- Fundraising support from a dedicated point of contact at The Royal British Legion
For this once in a lifetime experience we offer two fundraising options:
Register now for just £199, then:
- Raise £1,400 in sponsorship OR
- Pay the £650 tour cost yourself and raise £750 in sponsorship
We will need to have received £849 from you (£650 tour cost + £199 registration fee) by Friday 22 June 2018. You'll then have the rest of the year to raise the remaining sponsorship, due on 7 December 2018.