Pedal to Ypres
This four-day bike ride remembers the incredible sacrifices made by all those who fought in both World Wars. With a dedicated historian joining us for the whole trip, you can combine your love of cycling and history as you take on this special event for The Royal British Legion!
Your four-day cycling journey will start from London and pass through the historic Somme region of France. We'll enjoy the french countryside and focus purely on cycling while our expert team look after you. The finish line is the iconic and special Menin Gate in Ypres where we can celebrate your achievement.
Visiting battlefields, cemeteries and memorials along the route will bring a strong feeling of Remembrance to this scenic bike ride.
Why cycle for us?
Your fundraising has a truly life-changing impact on the people we help and our Pedal to Ypres powers veteran’s recovery. The funds you raise will help support veterans and their families overcome and conquer their challenges, throughout their life.
Take some time to read about Anna Pollock, and find out about how the recumbent bike that the Legion funded changed her life and gave her back her passion for doing physical activity.
Your exclusive place on Team Legion will include all this and more:
- Dedicated historian Dan Hill will be your personal tour guide at all the sites we visit. He has worked on the national Somme commemorations and is a battlefield guide on the Western Front.
- All transport including ferry crossing and a Eurostar ticket
- Four nights’ accommodation from the ride start (if you do not wish to share a room, single rooms are available for an additional supplement of £225)
- All meals (except breakfast on first day and lunch on the last day) and catered pit stops during the ride
- All your luggage transported to each overnight stop
- Medics, sports massage therapists, mechanics, motorbike outriders and ride captains all on hand throughout the ride
- Full pre-ride support including a dedicated supporter care team, training plans and fundraising advice
- Celebration dinner on the final night
- An official money-can't-buy medal for completing the ride!