Western Front Trek is now fully sold out but you can join our waiting list for free today.
If any places become available, they will be offered to the waiting list on a first come first served basis.
*All our events operate in line with Covid-19 safety guidelines at the time.
This trek along the Western Front remembers the incredible sacrifices made by all those who fought in the First World War.
We will walk in their footsteps, and those who followed in WW2.
Walking an average of 13 miles per day over three days we’ll pass between the battle-sites and memorials of World War One, around Passchendaele and the Somme, before finishing at the iconic Menin Gate in Ypres.
This trek provides a unique perspective as our dedicated historian adds insight and engaging stories as we walk between the prominent battle-sites. There are beautiful views over the now-tranquil countryside, but as we walk along the hill-ridges and through
the fields and woodland, it is all too easy to imagine events of the past. This is a poignant experience as well as a physical challenge – a memorable and meaningful way to raise funds to support the Armed Forces community.
* Please note: If you choose Option B: Fundraise, you will have to pay £600 yourself by 10 March 2021.
Be a part of this truly unforgettable trek
It's a wonderful way to raise funds for RBL
Find out more about the event
Everything is organised for you, allowing your energy to be focused on the experience. We work with experienced trek leaders from Discover Adventure and our own crew support you every step of the way. The cost of this trip includes:
- All transport including coaches and ferry crossing from Dover to Calais
- Four nights’ accommodation in hotels on twin-share basis
- Meals for the duration of the trek: breakfasts, snacks stops, lunch stop and evening meals,
- Entrance to museums and sites included in itinerary
- Fundraising support from a dedicated point of contact at The Royal British Legion
- Pre-trip briefing
- Access to an exclusive event app
- Official t shirt and medal
- Training guide and a suggested kit list
Read our FAQs for further information.
What happens if the event is postponed?
We follow government guidelines and put the health and safety of our participants, staff and beneficiaries first and foremost. If it is necessary to postpone an event we will be in touch to offer a choice of transfer or refund. Full details are in our Terms and Conditions.
Please contact 0345 845 1945 if you’d like to know more about all we are doing.
What measures will you be taking to make the event Covid secure?
We are putting in place all the necessary measures to create a Covid Secure event in line with the standards set out by the relevant governing bodies (including British Cycling, The Ramblers Association).
- guidelines for cycling/trekking as a socially distanced group
- staggering timings, all meals will be in restaurants that already have measures in place
- hygiene facilities will be widely available
- all transport will comply with guidelines
- ceremonies will be social distanced.
We will continue to work closely with our Health & Safety colleagues to ensure that we put in place appropriate controls in line with the changing situation.
Will I be sharing a room with someone?
If you would like to share a room with a household or family member then this will be possible.
Normally participants are paired up with someone a similar age and gender and a twin share is part of the trip.
If you would like to have your own room a single supplement will be applied.
Where Covid-19 rules dictate, we may arrange for all participants to have single-room accommodation.