This document marks the first time the Royal British Legion have produced a manifesto for the London mayoral election and put on paper our priorities for the next Mayor of London.
Our plan highlights the key issues that we hope the Mayor of London, the London Assembly, and the whole GLA family will address for the Armed Forces community.
London Mayoral Manifesto 2021
Key policy changes that would help support the Armed Forces community
RBL believes that the Mayor of London should:
- Ensure the future success of the Armed Forces Covenant
- Support veterans and Armed Forces family members into successful and sustainable employment
- Improve the health and wellbeing of London’s Armed Forces community
- Support members of the Armed Forces community facing homelessness or unsuitable housing
- Assist the London boroughs in their work with London’s Armed Forces community