In 2014 we published the results of the most comprehensive survey into the needs of the ex-Service community that has been undertaken in the last ten years.
The UK ex-Service community: A Household Survey
A comprehensive survey into the needs of the ex-Service community.
- There are around 6.2 million people within the ex-Service community in the UK
- Nearly half of the adult ex-Service community are over the age of 75
- Around 630,000 members of the adult ex-Service community are likely to be experiencing problems getting around outside the home
- Large numbers (around 720,000) experience problems with self-care, including exhaustion and pain or difficulty looking after themselves
- Mobility and self-care difficulties peak among those aged 75 or over
- Depression affects around 480,000 members of the adult ex-Service community, around 370,000 report feeling lonely, and around 350,000 are recently bereaved