Following the election of Manchester’s first mayor in May 2017, we produced a manifesto outlining key policy changes that would help support the Armed Forces community.
Greater Manchester Manifesto 2017
Key policy changes that would help support the Armed Forces Community.
Our policy recommendations for the new mayor include:
- Provide leadership on the delivery of the Armed Forces Covenant by appointing an Advocate for the Armed Forces community
- Improve public services’ knowledge and awareness of the size and needs of the Armed Forces community
- Ensure that Reservists and Armed Forces families are provided with the support to which they are entitled
- Ensure that members of the Armed Forces community have access to clear and consistent housing advice and the support to which they are entitled
- Ensure that the Armed Forces community across Greater Manchester can access specialist mental health treatment and support