Download any documents you might need as a Legion member.
The Membership Handbook is now available online and will not be distributed in printed format. The main sections of the handbook are available in PDF format from the links below and are suitable for printing if required. These were last updated in June 2017.
The Ceremonial Handbook is now available in full online and can be downloaded here. These were last updated in November 2015. The list of amendments for this update is available here.
There are also extracts from it which have been incorporated into a series of Frequently Asked Questions available from the links below.
- Orders of service including Remembrance Sunday, Acts of Remembrance, committment and dedication, Legion specific services and more
- Frequently asked questions on Members' etiquette including dress code
- Frequently asked questions on Remembrance
- Medals information
- Orders of Precedence for distinguished guests and Standard Bearers
- Legion Standard symbolism, care and repair
- Becoming a Standard Bearer
The following documents are available to assist with the preparation of the Branch Accounts for the year ending 30 June 2017.
- Authority to disclose information 2017
- Branch Guide 2017
- Guide to completing the Income and Expenditure Form 2017
- Income and Expenditure Form 2017 (formerly Receipts and Payments)
- Income and Expenditure Form Excel Version (formerly Receipts and Payments)
- Guide to completing the Branch Accounts Form 2017
- Branch Accounts Form 2017
- Branch Accounts Form 2017 Excel Version
Policies and procedures
The Legion's Membership Complaints Procedure is available to download and was last updated in April 2017. Also see the Amendments to Membership Complaints Procedure.
Codes of Practice
Health and Safety
Other Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
Please use these original forms or link to them. Don't copy the forms for loading elsewhere as they may be updated without your knowledge.
- Membership form - no longer available online, please use the online joining option or contact Poppy Appeal for printed forms
- Direct debit form - as above
- Membership transfer form
- Form MS1 - Branch Information
- Form MS1A - County/District Information
- Form MS1B - Standard Bearer Physical Fitness
- Form MS5A - Branch Closure
- Form MS5B - Sub-Branch return to full status
- Form MS5C - Branch Amalgamation
- Form MS5D - Branch Name Change
- Form MS9 - Branch Formation
- Branch Nomination for County/District Chairman
- Branch Nomination for County/District Vice-Chairman
- Example Ballot Paper for the election of County/District Chairman
- Example Ballot Paper for the election of County/District Vice-Chairman
- Youth Affiliation Application
Below are links to the Annual Conference information.
- Annual Conference 2017 special circular
- Annual Conference 2017 provisional agenda
- Annual Conference 2017 timeline
- Annual Conference 2017 omissions booklet
- Application form for branch delegate credentials
- Application form for county/district delegate credentials
- Certificate for motions
- Membership forum questions form
- National awards special circular October 2016
- Nomination form for conference committee
- Nomination form for place of conference 2021
- Standing orders for Annual Conference and ToR for conference committee
- Bucher Trophy Application Form 2017
- Haig Cup Application Form 2017
- Ian Hamilton Cup Application 2017
- Lewis Shield Application Form 2017
- Lister Cup Application Form 2017
- Maurice Challenge Cup Application 2017
- Noel Rogers Trophy Application Form 2017
BRAND RESOURCES FOR BRANCHES
The Brand Team within the Marketing and Communications Department has prepared a number of downloadable files for sending to printers. Brand brand packs were launched at Annual Conference 2015. View the full range of brand resources for branches here.