BECOME A MEMBER
Join an international network of people who care about British Armed Forces personnel, ex-Servicemen and women and their families.
Why join us?
As a member of the Legion you are able to:
- Show your support for our campaigning work for the Armed Forces community
- Access exclusive member deals and discounts.
- Vote on the issues we champion and shape the way the Legion evolves
- Enjoy social and sports events and get involved in one of our 50 bands
- Receive free copies of our Legion Magazine, keeping you up-to-date with news about the Legion's work worldwide
- Join one of 2400 branches, nationwide and overseas
- Receive concessions on affiliated Legion products including Remembrance Travel
- Take part in ceremonial events, indirectly through eligibility to tickets for the Festival of Remembrance, or directly as a Standard Bearer
- Youth members can take part in parades as youth standard bearers; learn to play a musical instrument; become a majorette and possibly take part in the annual Festival of Remembrance.
Membership costs £16 a year, although individual branches may also charge an administration fee.
Can I join online?
Yes, you can join your local branch, a national branch or one of our overseas branches online here.
If you have any problems with your online joining or prefer to join by telephone, please phone 0808 802 8080 and one of our staff will be happy to process your membership application over the phone.
National branches, which have no geographical borders, include the following:
For those still serving
If you have left the UK Armed Forces within the last year, we'd love to be able to keep you informed of the many ways that the Legion participates with and assists you and your comrades.Service leaver scheme
Young people play an important role in the Legion community. If you are between 12 and 16 years old, you can join our many other youth members and take part in fundraising, bands (see below), affiliated groups and the youth standard bearer scheme.Youth membership
The Royal British Legion bands take part in unique musical performances at concerts and events across the country. Our Central Band performs at the Festival of Remembrance in the Albert Hall and at other national occasions, while Legion bands are available for hire in their local area.
Budding musicians of all ages are welcome to apply to join our bands.Bands