London to Ypres
Join us on a four-day bike ride and experience the poignant history of the First World War.
LocationLondon - France - Belgium
Our newest bike ride challenge will remember the incredible sacrifices made by all those who fought in the First World War.
The 295-mile journey will start from London and pass through the historic Somme region of France before heading towards Passchendaele and finishing at the Menin Gate in Ypres.
Visiting battlefields, cemeteries and memorials along the route will bring a strong feeling of Remembrance to this scenic bike ride.
Participants can either pay the deposit upfront and the remaining balance later, or the total amount upfront:
£600 (£100 deposit + £500 balance)
We ask our participants to have a fundraising target of £600, so we can continue our work to provide vital support to the Armed Forces community.
- Transport – including ferry from Dover to Calais, coach transfer from Ypres to Lille and Eurostar from Lille to London.
- Four nights’ accommodation
- All meals, except breakfast and dinner on day one, and lunch and dinner on day five
- Catered pit stops
- Bike transport back to London after the ride
- Support crew throughout the ride
- Celebration dinner on the final night
- Downloadable GPS route (GPX file)
- Exclusive discount code for one week of free training with British Military Fitness
- Official Royal British Legion cycle jersey
- Finishers medal
- Royal British Legion fundraising pack
- A dedicated point of contact
Day 1: London to Calais (137km/85miles): Cycle from London, going through Greenwich and Kent, to Dover before crossing the channel to Calais.
Day 2: Calais to Abbeville (121km/75miles): Cycle through northern France and visit Etaples Military Cemetery – the largest Commonwealth War Graves Cemetery in France - on the way.
Day 3: Abbeville to Arras (113km/70miles): Cycle through the Somme region via Albert, stopping by the Thiepval Memorial.
Day 4: Arras to Ypres (97km/60miles): Cycle north through the Canadian Vimy Rige Memorial and Fromelles Military Cemetery. Ride through Ploegsteert and Ypres Salient sites including Wijtschate and Passchendaele before cycling into Ypres to lay a wreath at the Last Post ceremony at Menin Gate.
Day 5: Ypres to Lille to London: Transfer to Lille and return to London by Eurostar.