The Royal British Legion Raffles & Lotteries complaints and disputes procedure.
The Royal British Legion (RBL) and Royal British Legion Poppy Lottery (RBLPL Ltd) will:
a. Make this Complaints and Disputes Procedure available to a potential or actual customer via the RBL website or upon request.
b. Handle all complaints in accordance with this Complaints and Disputes Procedure.
c. Advise the Gambling Commission on the status of all disputes that are referred to the Promoter.
The Complaints and Disputes Procedure is outlined as follows:
- If you have a complaint about our lotteries or raffles, please write to:
Complaints, Prize-led Fundraising, The Royal British Legion, 199 Borough High Street, London SE1 1AA. Call: 0800 954 0256. Or email: for raffles email@example.com and for Poppy Lottery firstname.lastname@example.org
- When a complaint is received, it is forwarded to the Lottery office if not received there and the details are formally recorded on the Lottery Complaints Log for Gambling Commission reporting purposes. The log sheet is kept on file for 3 years by the organisation conducting the raffle or lottery.
- The Raffle or Lottery Office in conjunction with the relevant Campaign Manager in RBL/RBLPL Ltd Fundraising Department will handle the complaint in the first instance. Complaints will normally be responded to within five days.
- If the investigation of the complaint is likely to take longer than five days, a letter is sent to the complainant confirming the proposed timescales and next steps, aiming to resolve the complaint within a maximum of 30 days.
- The complaint will be investigated involving 3rd parties as necessary.
- The complainant will be contacted to confirm the outcome of the investigation and any actions taken as a result
- If the complainant is unhappy with the resolution of the complaint, they are further advised to put their complaint in writing to the Qualifying Person: Gill Baxter, The Royal British Legion, 199 Borough High Street, London SE1 1AA.
- The matter will be escalated to a 'dispute' if applicable.
- The Qualified Person will send an acknowledgement of the complaint in writing within 48 hours of receipt and begin an investigation.
- Every effort will be made to complete this investigation within seven days of receipt of the complaint letter. The Qualified Person will then contact the supporter with the findings, recommendations and proposed actions
- In the unlikely event that the complainant is still not satisfied, we will refer them to the Independent Betting Adjudication Service IBAS (www.ibas-uk.com) within two months of our decision.
- IBAS will act as an impartial adjudicator after the complaint/dispute has been through both of the above stages of our own internal dispute procedure and a deadlock still exists. An IBAS panel of experts will apply their specialist knowledge to the facts and adjudicate by reference to our own terms and conditions.
Royal British Legion Poppy Lottery Ltd. is licensed and regulated by the Gambling Commission. License No 005274 www.gamblingcommission.gov.uk