Download any documents you might need as a Legion member.
The Membership Handbook is now available online and will not be distributed in printed format. The main sections of the handbook are available in PDF format from the links below and are suitable for printing if required. These were last updated in May 2018.
The Ceremonial Handbook is now available in full online and can be downloaded here. These were last updated in April 2018.
There are also extracts from it which have been incorporated into a series of Frequently Asked Questions available from the links below.
- Orders of service including Remembrance Sunday, Acts of Remembrance, committment and dedication, Legion specific services and more
- Frequently asked questions on Members' etiquette including dress code
- Frequently asked questions on Remembrance
- Medals information
- Orders of Precedence for distinguished guests and Standard Bearers
- Legion Standard symbolism, care and repair
- Becoming a Standard Bearer
Policies and procedures
The Legion's Membership Complaints Procedure is available to download and was last updated in April 2017. Also see the Amendments to Membership Complaints Procedure.
Codes of Practice
Health and Safety
Other Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
The latest version of all MS forms are available to branch officers on the Membership Administration Portal under the Documents section.
Please use these original forms or link to them. Don't copy the forms for loading elsewhere as they may be updated without your knowledge.
- Membership application form - no longer available online, please use the online joining option or contact Poppy Appeal for printed forms.
- Direct debit form - as above
- Membership transfer form
- Branch Nomination for County/District Chairman
- Branch Nomination for County/District Vice-Chairman
- Example Ballot Paper for the election of County/District Chairman
- Example Ballot Paper for the election of County/District Vice-Chairman
- Youth Affiliation Application
- Annual Conference 2018 special circular
- Application form for branch delegate credentials
- Application form for county/district delegate credentials
- Visitors information and form
- Instructions in connection with Branch delegate credentials
- Certificate for motions
- Membership forum questions form
- National awards special circular October 2018
- Nomination form for conference committee
- Nomination form for place of conference 2021
- Minutes of Annual Conference 2017
BRAND RESOURCES FOR BRANCHES
The Brand Team within the Marketing and Communications Department has prepared a number of downloadable files for sending to printers. Brand brand packs were launched at Annual Conference 2015. View the full range of brand resources for branches here.