Adventure Breaks are a great opportunity for young people to enjoy themselves, meet new people, have new experiences, improve their self-esteem and most of all have fun, while giving parents a well-earned break.
We work with Service welfare organisations such as the Army Welfare Service (AWS) and RAF Community Support to deliver a range of adventure break services for young people from the serving community.
In recent years, groups of young people went on a variety of breaks including:
- Creative project breaks based on arts and crafts skills
- A young person's adventure centre in Austria
- East Barnby Outdoor Pursuits Centre
- Waterpark Adventure Centre in the Lake District
- Robin Wood Education Centre in Lancashire
- A team building and activity break with Manchester United Foundation including a tour of Old Trafford.
How to apply
If you are currently serving, and believe that our Adventure Break service would be of benefit to your children, please contact your local support officer or community welfare office to see if they are running schemes locally.
Please also see our Family Holiday Breaks which offers breaks for the whole family.