Lister House in Ripon is one of The Royal British Legion’s Care Homes, with a specialist Dementia care wing and places for younger people who could benefit from our specialist care and rehabilitation facilities. Like every one of the Legion's Care Homes, we are exclusive to ex-Service people and their dependents.
Lister House is situated in landscaped gardens in the historic North Yorkshire town of Ripon, sometimes known as ‘the gateway to the Dales’. The town is easily accessible by road and public transport. They are surrounded by local beauty spots and stunning scenery, including the Dales.
Spacious and comfortable, Lister House is somewhere the residents can feel at home. There’s a shared bond because each resident has a Service connection. It means there’s a team spirit and a feeling that everyone looks out for each other. Lister House has 60 en-suite bedrooms in their main building, as well as a specialist dementia care wing. Their excellent team of care assistants and nurses provide a genuinely relaxed and friendly atmosphere. They have comfortable lounges, a bar, library and attractive landscaped gardens to relax in.
Camaraderie and social interaction play a big part in the day-to-day life of Lister House. We have an activity coordinator who helps residents to pursue their passions and hobbies through a range of regular events, including live music, bingo, quizzes and crafts. They also have an ecumenical Chapel where members of the Ripon Cathedral Chapter celebrate regular services.
Lister House, Southgate
Ripon, North Yorkshire HG4 1PG
Telephone: 01765 694740
Fax: 01765 690917
Lister House has 60 en suite bedrooms in the main building, plus 16 en suite rooms in our dementia care wing named the Colsterdale Unit. Experienced, registered nurses and a dedicated team of care assistants provide 24-hour care.
For individuals with an Armed Forces connection living in the local community, Lister House can also provide sessional physiotherapy and hydrotherapy at our hydrotherapy unit. This is by appointment on a day-to-day basis.
To support the Legion's community of carers, we also provide day care, five days per week within our dedicated day care unit.
Keeping up standards
“There's a lot more to life at Lister House than we can show you on this website. If you would like further information, or to arrange a visit, please call us on 01765 694740 ."Tracey Fullagar - Home Manager, Lister House
Services and facilitieS
Type of service
- Residential (personal) care
- Nursing care
- Residential (personal) Dementia care
- Day care
- Wheelchair access
- Gardens for residents with accessible pathways and seating areas and memorial garden
- Licensed bar / café on premises
- Residents' kitchenette
- Daily social and leisure activities with support to maintain hobbies
- Private chapel
- Open visiting; family and friends can also join our residents for a meal by booking in advance
- Pets are welcome to visit
- 76 spacious single en suite rooms in main building
- 16 spacious single en suite rooms in the Colsterdale wing
- Phone point in own room for private telephone and Broadband connection; mobile phones can be used throughout the Home
- Resident internet access
- Television point in own room
- Smoking not permitted
- Own furniture if required
- Long stay care
- Short term respite care subject to availability
- Day care
- Physiotherapy and hydrotherapy subject to assessment and need
- Access to local GP
- Access to local dentist and optical services
- Access to full range of NHS services via referral from GP or outpatient clinics
- Home visits from private hairdresser
- Minibus for day trips
- We have an Amenity Committee who are volunteers with an elected Chairperson who raise funds to provide many extras for the comfort and enjoyment of our residents
- Dining area
- Accessible bathrooms
- Close to local shops and historical areas
- Near public transport, regular bus routes to Leeds, York and Harrogate
- Extensive choice of local accommodation available for visitors