- The Elms Cup was presented to Steven Parke of Northern Ireland District at the National Youth Standard Berarers Competition at Kneller Hall in London on 13 April.
- Almonistation process has been reviewed
- Details about future LOMAS training courses will be sent to branches in late August or early September
- Membership Handbook has been revised and the new version is only available online. Contact your County Secretary for access details. Remember it is compulsory, not optional, to follow the handbook.
Ken Kingston, Vice Chariman of Middlewich Branch talks about his welfare and Poppy Appeal work.
Board of Trustees elections
- Denise Edgar and Martyn Tighe were re-elected (to serve for a further period of three years) and;
- Joseph Falzon and Colin Kemp were elected as new Trustees (to serve for a period of three years).
Queen's New Year Honours List
The following Royal British Legion personnel, or those with Legion connections, have been granted State Honours by HM The Queen in her New Year Honours list for 2014.
Bernard Cook, formerly Chairman of the The Royal British Legion Poppy Factory was awarded an OBE for services to ex-Servicemen and Women.
Major David Allister John Noble DL, Board Chairman, Poppyscotland was awarded an OBE for voluntary service to ex-Servicemen and Women in Scotland.
Dr Peter Clive Crawford Pitt TD, Medical Escort of Lavenham, Suffolk, was awarded an MBE for voluntary service to The Royal British Legion and Heroes Return.
Lionel Hopkins, who until his recent retirement was chaplain at HMP Swansea and for veterans and cadet forces including The Royal British Legion in Swansea, was awarded an MBE.
Ian Anthony Yeoman, Band Director, The Royal British Legion Band and Corps of Drums Romford, was awarded a BEM for services to Music.