And also includes:
- your contribution to WW1 centenary commemorations,
- 10 things all branches can do to prevent the Legion being defrauded
- information on applications for external funding
Tokyo Branch member Mark Buckton talks about what the Legion means to him and what it is like to support the Legion in Japan.
Board of Trustees elections
- Denise Edgar and Martyn Tighe were re-elected (to serve for a further period of three years) and;
- Joseph Falzon and Colin Kemp were elected as new Trustees (to serve for a period of three years).
Queen's New Year Honours List
The following Royal British Legion personnel, or those with Legion connections, have been granted State Honours by HM The Queen in her New Year Honours list for 2014.
Bernard Cook, formerly Chairman of the The Royal British Legion Poppy Factory was awarded an OBE for services to ex-Servicemen and Women.
Major David Allister John Noble DL, Board Chairman, Poppyscotland was awarded an OBE for voluntary service to ex-Servicemen and Women in Scotland.
Dr Peter Clive Crawford Pitt TD, Medical Escort of Lavenham, Suffolk, was awarded an MBE for voluntary service to The Royal British Legion and Heroes Return.
Lionel Hopkins, who until his recent retirement was chaplain at HMP Swansea and for veterans and cadet forces including The Royal British Legion in Swansea, was awarded an MBE.
Ian Anthony Yeoman, Band Director, The Royal British Legion Band and Corps of Drums Romford, was awarded a BEM for services to Music.