Great North Run
Take on the world’s favourite half marathon for The Royal British Legion.
LocationNewcastle and South Shields
Starting at the centre of Newcastle with more than 57,000 other runners, you will run over the iconic Tyne Bridge before finishing in the coastal town of South Shields. The atmosphere is unrivalled with thousands of supporters and the Red Arrows cheering you on from the sky!
Join Team Legion now to experience a phenomenal half marathon and raise money for our Armed Forces community.
Guaranteed charity places in 2018
Missed out on 2017? Register for one of our limited guaranteed charity places in the 2018 Great North Run. The registration fee is just £30 with a minimum fundraising commitment of £350.
Whether you win a place in the ballot or choose one of our guaranteed charity places, your place on Team Legion will include:
- One week of free fitness classes courtesy of British Military Fitness
- Training plans to help you hit your target time
- A personalised technical running top
- The loudest cheers on the day from our enthusiastic team
- Meet the team at our stand in the charity marquee