In advance of the General Election scheduled for 8 June this year, we need to put the Armed Forces community firmly at the heart of the next government’s agenda.
We’ve produced a new manifesto, which calls on the next UK government to:
- Ensure questions concerning military service and membership of the Armed Forces community feature in the next national census in 2021
- Invest in research on ‘what works’ in treating veterans with Gulf War illnesses, and set up formal communication channels to convey the results of US research developments to these individuals
- Provide an enhanced package of practical support to corporate signatories of the Armed Forces Covenant
- Enable veterans to receive treatment for Non-Freezing Cold Injury through Defence Medical Services
- Ensure divorced or separated spouses and partners of Service personnel are able to access housing support on the same terms as other Armed Forces families
To make sure your voice is heard by election candidates, and that you campaign safely within Electoral and Charity Commission rules, please read our 2017 campaigning guide.
Together, we can build on our previous campaigning success and ensure that the next government builds a better future for the whole Armed Forces community.