Curtis Family 715X195 Can we help?

Leaving Service?

How we can help

Not sure where to start?

The resettlement pages on our Civvy Street website are a 'one-stop shop' for information about issues including housing, mental health, disability, education and citizenship, and contain links to numerous organisations that also help ex-Service personnel.

Struggling to make ends meet?

Our Benefits and Money Advice service gives impartial and non-judgemental guidance and help designed to improve your financial situation. We'll help you to get on top of debt and to claim any state benefits you're entitled to. 

Since it started in 2007 the service has put £70 million back into people's pockets, so click here and find out how we can help you. 

We can also provide specialist advice about claiming disability benefits and disputing decisions. Click here to find out more.

Having trouble finding a job?

Our Civvy Street website helps you build a CV, gives advice about interviews , tells you how to retrain and provides financial support to help you into a job.

The site also lists hundreds of current vacancies, and you can look for jobs aimed especially at ex-Service personnel - all in one place.

Click here for more information.

Unsure about claiming compensation?

If you've been injured or are ill because of your Service, we can help you with claims to the Armed Forces Compensation Scheme and the War Pensions Scheme. If you're unhappy with a decision about a claim, we'll also help you to appeal your award. 

If you think you might have a civil claim for negligence against the Ministry of Defence, we might also be able to help you with some initial advice. 

Click here to find out more. 

Other help

The Career Transition Partnership 

The Career Transition Partnership was set up by the Ministry of Defence to provide eligible Service leavers with free, comprehensive guidance and information about life after the Forces. 

They can help you with education, retraining and job opportunities, as well as with practical matters like finance, housing, pensions, training grants, education for children and employment benefits. 

Regular Forces Employment Association 

The Regular Forces Employment Association's aim, since 1885, has been to help those leaving the Armed Forces to find and remain in employment throughout their working lives 

Their employment consultants can 'connect the dots' between military skills and the job market, and they understand what Service leavers are looking for. 

The Joint Service Housing Advice office 

The Joint Service Housing Advice Office (JSHAO) provides Service personnel and their families with information and advice on the increasingly complex range of civilian housing options. 

The JSHAO provides a focal point for housing information and advice to all Service personnel and their families - in particular those about to return to civilian life, and to ex-Service personnel who are still in Service Families Accommodation. 

Combat Stress 

Combat Stress is a charity that offers free, dedicated treatment and support to people suffering from a psychological condition related to their Service career. This might be depression, anxiety, a phobia or post-traumatic stress disorder. 

Share this page