Can the Legion help you?
We have a dedicated and trusted team of experienced handypersons who are fully trained to carry out low-level but high impact maintenance in your home, such as:
- changing light bulbs and tap washers;
- putting up shelves, curtain rails and grab rails;
- fitting smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors;
- fitting and changing door locks and other security features;
- building access ramps and storage sheds to house a Legion provided EPV; and
- installing care phones.
And much more! So give us a call - free - on 0800 032 0306. If we can help, we will.
Security is important to us, so all of our people have been cleared by the Criminal Records Bureau.
They carry ID at all times, wear Legion-branded uniforms and drive instantly recognisable Legion-branded vehicles.
We currently have handy vans in 21 counties - please email or call us to find out more.
What if my area isn't covered by the handy van service?
We have partnerships with other organisations (such as Age UK) that will offer you the same service on behalf of the Legion.
To be eligible for the service you must:
- have served in the Armed Forces for at least seven days, or be the dependant of someone who has served (widows, widowers, civil partners and cohabiting partners); and
- be receiving a means-tested benefit, or be aged 75 or over (irrespective of whether you receive a means-tested benefit or not).
If you are not eligible, we can provide a competitive quotation based upon your needs.
If you're unsure about whether this includes you, give us a call - free - on 0800 032 0306.
For more general information on eligibility for our support services, please click here.
If you have a question about our handy van service, please phone us on 0800 032 0306. We are open from 9am to 5pm, and you will speak to a member of our friendly team - not a machine!
Or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org