Curtis Family 715X195 Can we help?

If you suffered an injury or illness on or before 5 April 2005

You can claim a War Disablement Pension if your injury or illness happened or developed on or before 5 April 2005 and it's linked to your Service in the Armed Forces.

You do not need to have served in a war, and there is no time limit on making a claim, but you do have to wait until you have left the Service. 

You may also be entitled to a War Disablement Pension if you were injured or disabled: 

  • while serving in the Merchant Navy, the Coastguard Service, the Nursing Service and the Home Guard;
  • while serving in the Polish forces under British command during the Second World War;
  • while serving as a civil defence volunteer;
  • as a prisoner of war; or
  • as a result of enemy action in the Second World War (as a civilian). 

How can we help?

The Legion helps beneficiaries to claim under the War Pensions Scheme. 

We will listen to you and tell you what to do next, and we'll also represent you at a tribunal if you want to take further action.

We also give advice about supplementary allowances linked to War Disablement Pensions, such as Mobility Supplement, Unemployability Supplement and Constant Attendance Allowance. 

Face-to-face advice

As well as helping you over the phone and by email we can also meet you to discuss your situation.

We have a team of specialists who hold a number of local clinics at Legion county offices who will help you with your claim.

Get in touch for more information

For a claim form, help with an Appeals Tribunal or for general advice ring our free central number on 0808 802 8080.

Or email us at     

Please note that if your injury or illness happened on or after 6 April 2005 then your claim is assessed under the Armed Forces Compensation Scheme.

For Service Pension enquiries, please ring the SPVA (JPAC Enquiry Centre) on 0800 085 3600 or write to:
JPAC Enquiry Centre, Mila Point 465, Kentigern House, 65 Brown Street, Glasgow G2 8EX

Share this page