The Royal British Legion Procurement Strategy
Strategy supports the Legion's strategic aims and objectives by
raising the profile of procurement both within the organisation and
with external stakeholders. The strategy ensures procurement
activities are integrated and focused on the achievement of The
Royal British Legion's Corporate Strategy.
There are five strategic procurement objectives:
- First class procurement service
- Developing and valuing our people and relationships
- Value for money
- Key partnerships with other charities
- Sustainable procurement
The strategic objectives are underpinned with four guiding principles:
- To be close to the business
- To be an exemplar of best practice
- To enable our aims and objectives to be met
- To promote diversity and corporate social responsibility.
The key principles of our Procurement Policy are:
- Effective governance and control
- To demonstrate Value for Money - the main aim of the procurement process is to ensure that best Value for Money (VFM) is achieved.
- To apply a consistent and standard approach - procurement should be through open competition unless there are exceptional reasons.
- To build and maintain positive supplier relationships