Links to other websites
Links to third party websites on this site are provided solely as a convenience to you. If you use these links you may leave this site.
When access is obtained to another website by means of a link from this website The Royal British Legion has no control over the contents on the other website. The Royal British Legion accepts no liability, which might arise from your use or reliance on any information or links contained on those websites, or any personal information supplied by you to those websites. Any decision made by you based on the information contained on those websites is your sole responsibility.
Trademarks and copyright
This website contains material which is protected by copyright and/or other intellectual property rights. All copyright and intellectual property rights including the names, images and logos are owned by The Royal British Legion unless otherwise stated. All rights are reserved.
You are responsible for complying with all applicable copyright laws. We permit you to make copies of information on this website as necessary incidental acts during your viewing and you may take a print for your personal use of so much of the site as is reasonable for private purposes. All other uses are prohibited. Nothing in these terms shall be construed as conferring any right to use any trademark logo patent right or copyright of The Royal British Legion.
Use of mobile phone data
The Royal British Legion and the Poppy Appeal values your support. We would like to keep you up to date with information and fundraising appeals on our charitable work via your mobile phone and also by writing to you. If you have texted us, we will retain a copy of your mobile phone number, together with any other personal details you have given us, such as your name and address.
If you would prefer us not to contact you by mobile phone, text STOP to 81686. Alternatively you may call supporter services at 020 3207 9183 or contact us by email. If you would prefer us not to contact you by mail, please call supporter services at 020 3207 9183 or contact us by email.
If you do not wish us to contact you again, please text NO to 81686.
The Royal British Legion Privacy Statement
The Data Protection Act 1998 provides the legal framework that defines how personal information can be used.
The Royal British Legion is fully committed to compliance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and has a legal duty to protect any information we collect from you.
- Your personal information is only used with your knowledge
- Only information that we actually need is collected
- Your personal information is only seen by those who need it to do their jobs
- We will not pass your personal information on to any other organisation without your agreement unless required to do so by the law
- Personal information is retained only for as long as it is required
- We will, where necessary, keep your information up to date
- Your information will be protected from unauthorised or accidental disclosure
- We will provide you with a copy of your personal information on request
- Inaccurate or misleading data will be corrected as soon as possible
- These principles apply whether we hold your information on paper or in electronic form.
All correspondence relating to Data Protection, including
requests for copies of the personal information we may hold, should
be sent to:
The Data Protection Officer
The Royal British Legion
199 Borough High Street
London SE1 1AA
We will not disclose your personal information to anyone else without your express information to do so, unless we believe we should do so by law.
What information we collect
We use customer contact information from the Contact us form to send the visitor information or materials requested by the visitor. The visitor contact information is also used to contact the visitor when necessary to fulfil a query.
Our site may include an order or donation form for visitors to request information products, services or to make a donation. We collect visitor information like e-mail addresses and financial information credit/debit card numbers. Contact information and financial information from the order and donation forms are used to fulfil an order. Financial information is kept secure.
Further information and advice about data protection is available from:
The Office of the Information Commissioner
Cheshire SK9 5AF
Tel:+44(0)01625 545 745
or read our Data Protection Frequently asked questions.
A cookie is a small file that is stored on your computer's hard drive by your web browser. It enables our website to remember you when you return to visit us. Cookies help us to provide you with a better experience by allowing us to understand what areas of the website are of interest to our visitors (eg via Google analytics).
Our cookies aren't used to identify you personally. They collect anonymous information on the pages visited and we do not use advertising cookies. Indeed, you can manage and/or delete these small files as you wish through your browser settings.
To learn more about cookies and how to manage them, visit AboutCookies.org.
Direct Debit Guarantee
- This Guarantee is offered by all Banks and Building Societies that take part in the Direct Debit Scheme.The efficiency and security of the Scheme is monitored and protected by your own Bank or Building Society.
- If the amounts to be paid or the payment dates change, The Royal British Legion will notify you at least 10 working days in advance of your account being debited or as otherwise agreed.
- If an error is made by The Royal British Legion or your Bank or Building Society you are guaranteed a full and immediate refund from your branch of the amount paid.
- You can cancel a Direct Debit at any time by writing to your Bank or Building Society. Please also send a copy of the letter to The Royal British Legion.